ICD -10 Code - Osteochondrosis of the spine (M42)
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is a degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the spine. This lumbosacral spine disease is one of the most common in modern medicine. In both women and men, the disease can cause temporary disability, as well as disability.
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine has a chronic course, with periods of deterioration.
The source of the disease
Medicine does not name a clear cause that can cause such diseases in women and men. So, we can conclude that the disease is multifactorial. The most popular theory about the development of this disease is a systematic process of muscle system tension, non -physiological muscle tension, as a result of which the vertebral segments are loaded, their blood circulation worsens. As a result, degeneration of the intervertebral disc, which leads to the occurrence of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine.
The following causes of disease development in women and men are no less common:
- The cause lies in endocrine and metabolic disorders.
- The cause, which consists in a hereditary predisposition to the disease.
- Causes stem from microtrauma, as well as autoimmune disorders.
- Causes associated with pathological processes of internal organs.
The most vulnerable to the development of lumbar spine osteochondrosis are people with back injuries or who lead an inactive lifestyle.
Symptoms of the disease
Medicine will highlight the following symptoms, which are manifested at different stages of the disease in women and men:
- 1 degree.You can notice the manifestation of pain, which causes irritation to the nerve endings. There are symptoms of local, acute or dull pain in the lumbar spine. Often the pain is shown elsewhere and is called a reflex. The following symptoms may also be observed: impaired circulation in the limbs and ligaments, as well as internal organs. As a result of impaired blood circulation, pain symptoms appear in the area of ligament attachment to the bone. Seals in this area are also observed. There are symptoms of pain in the lumbosacral segment, which radiates to the lower part of the leg. The function of the urinary system may be impaired.
- 2 degrees.You may notice symptoms of discomfort in the lumbar spine, constant muscle fatigue.
- 3 degrees.There are symptoms associated with radicular syndrome. Such symptoms caused by radicular syndrome consist of a violation of the sensitivity of the affected area. Symptoms associated with radicular syndrome do not appear immediately. Initially, symptoms are expressed in hypersensitivity, burning, tingling. After that, there is a feeling of numbness, until complete loss of sensitivity. Symptoms associated with radicular syndrome cause dysfunction of the motor system, including paralysis and atrophy. Also, the symptoms associated with radicular syndrome are manifestations of pain, which are localized along the leg. In addition to the symptoms with radicular syndrome, there is a violation of sensitivity and motor function in the lower limbs.
- 4 degrees.Pain symptoms with radicular syndrome are less pronounced. At the same time, the range of motion of the spine is limited.
The doctor makes a diagnosis based on the diagnosis. MRI, ECG, ultrasound and other studies will help to establish a correct diagnosis. You will also need to do an X-ray examination.
How to treat lumbar osteochondrosis in women and men? Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine involves a long -lasting complex treatment. As a rule, such treatment works in advanced stages of the disease, when there are multiple protrusions or intervertebral hernias.
Treatment should be selected and carried out strictly individually in each case.
Treatment of muscle spasms should be carried out with the help of drugs - muscle relaxants.
Medicine determines that treatment with muscle relaxants, along with the use of NSAIDs, physiotherapy and massage sessions, contribute to faster recovery.
Restrictions as medicine
Restriction in osteochondrosis consists of injection with drugs injected into the affected area. Treatment with methods such as restraint will help relieve pain immediately. The restriction consisted of local anesthetic drugs.
Treatment by means such as novocaine blockade is the most popular in modern medicine. To relieve pain, restrictions are done every three days. It can also be noted that restriction for osteochondrosis is the safest method of treatment.
Restrictions, in general, do not cause side effects, because the effects of the drug are local. It is possible to carry out treatment with methods such as permanent restriction, with each exacerbation of the disease.
In addition, to relieve pain, restraints are used to eliminate inflammation, swelling, and increase metabolism. To prolong the therapeutic effect, methods such as restriction should include several drugs at the same time (Novocaine and corticosteroids). Restrictions should be performed by an experienced physician.
Proper nutrition is the key to health
In the case of osteochondrosis, as in any other disease, the diet should be balanced, low in calories, rich in various vitamins and minerals.
The diet of both women and men should be rich in collagen, which acts like chondroprotectors.
Fish jelly and aspik are saturated with this component. If you include jelly meat in your diet, you can significantly improve the condition of connective tissue. Also, the diet should include a sufficient amount of fluid intake to maintain the condition of the tissues in the intervertebral disc.
There are different diets for people with osteochondrosis. Which is appropriate for each particular case, the attending physician will determine.
Loops as a means of prevention
Tools like loops have been known since the time of our parents. Loops are used to improve well -being and maintain the figure. You can spin the hoop at home and at the gym. The most important advantages are the availability of gymnastics and simplicity.
But treatment with loop -like methods has its drawbacks. Before twisting the loop, you should consult a doctor. If there is a hernia in the lumbar region, it is forbidden to twist the loop. If a diagnosis of the thoracic spine is established, preventive training can be performed.
If you twist the loop to someone healthy from osteochondrosis, you can improve back muscle function. Also, the loop contributes to the active function of the vertebral part, which is an excellent prophylaxis.
Summing up, it should be noted that if you rotate the loop with lumbar osteochondrosis, the entire load falls on the affected area. The loop can reduce the pain, but after a while it will come back again and with greater force.
Hirudotherapy as a method of treating osteochondrosis
It is possible and possible to cure the disease with hirudotherapy! Leeches have a healing effect on the human body. Due to the action of leeches, there is a decrease in painful manifestations, the therapeutic effect of the drugs used and physical education is enhanced, and the recovery process of the patient is accelerated.
Treatment with the use of leeches is a beneficial effect of enzymes produced by it. Such enzymes are secreted with the help of leech saliva.
During treatment, the doctor rubs the leeches into the affected area. Leeches bite through the top layer of skin, releasing saliva into it, which can cure thrombosis, prevent blood clots, and speed up biochemical processes. Also, the action of leeches aims to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, as well as their development.
Medical leeches are completely sterile. To cure a disease with leeches, you need to follow the sequence of actions - the duration of the first two sessions of treatment with leeches lasts no more than thirty minutes. The third session involved the presence of leeches on the body for an hour. Wounds after leeches are not treated with anything, and after removal of leeches, the patient is forbidden to lie on his back. This is necessary to prevent bleeding.
It is possible to cure osteochondrosis in both women and men with ten procedures, among which you need to rest for five days.
And the most important rule: timely visits to the doctor will help avoid negative consequences.